by Thando Mgobhozi
Managing a household is not easy especially if there are kids running around all day long. Discovering new ideas and ways to keep your house clean and smelling fresh is always exciting and worth it especially if you don’t have to go deeper in your pockets.
These household tips will save you a lot of time and money:
- Put celery in aluminum foil and refrigerate. This will keep the celery fresher for longer.
- When you decide to take matters into your own hands and end up with paint on your skin, do not panic, applying baby oil onto the affected area will get rid of the paint.
- If you bought a conditioner but ended up not using it you will be glad to know that you can use it as a shaving cream for your legs.
- Cut a lemon in half, place it inside your microwave and heat it. The lemon helps fight tough stains inside the microwave.
- Clean fireplace glass using a wet paper towel dipped in ashes. The ashes will scrub off any dirt and charcoal.
- Soak a cotton ball with lavender oil and pop it in your vacuum bag. This will leave your home smelling fresh when you vacuum.
- To eliminate odors in the fridge, place coffee grounds in a bowl on a shelf. Replace every two months for a fresh slightly caffeinated smell.
- Use a sponge and baking soda to get rid of scuffs on vinyl flooring.
- Put a cover on your pool when you’re not using it. Not only will it keep the water cleaner but it will keep it from evaporating, saving you refills.
- If your children keep leaving crayon marks on your wall for whatever reason just get a damp rag, dipped in baking soda. The marks can be easily wiped off with little effort.
Hope these tips were helpful and happy cleaning.