by Kimberly Flanagan
If you’re like me, a self-confessed coffee addict, then you wouldn’t ever dream of replacing your dear caffeine for something else. I’ve been told by many people, like my mother, that I drink way too much coffee and I have a habit of drinking it out of my favourite mug which is so big, it covers half my face but that’s beside the point.
So I was thinking if I ever have to replace my java with something else (which probably will never happen) what could I replace it with.
So here are 5 alternatives to replace your morning cup of coffee:
- Yep, ice-cold water can wake you up better than caffeine. It’s good for your brain and your colon.
- Green tea, besides many other benefits, it helps you detox and increases fat burning.
- A fruit smoothie which can also double as a breakfast shake.
- Lemon water. You can have it hot or cold and everyone knows lemon is good for you.
- Rooibos tea. Not only is Rooibos tea for your blood pressure and heart, but it also helps bone density and aids in weight loss.
So go ahead and try it, even if it’s just one of your many cups of coffee throughout your day that you replace.